I began this well before Christmas, mainly as a break from painting other things – but also because I was determined to get to grips with non-metallic metals as a technique:
I’ve found the non-metallic method of painting frustrating to master – previous attempts have always proven pretty duff, really (see my version of Saint Celestine, for instance).
It’s taken much longer than it probably should have precisely because I ended up re-doing so many areas in order to get a result that was close to what it should be.
Some useful odds and ends:
Making water bases (Arcane Paintworks)
A visit to the Pokemon museum (Raumschmiede)
Photos of the Polar vortex in Chicago (This is colossal)
Paper silhouette dioramas (Loftwork)