I thought a step-by-step guide to repairing models in this condition may be helpful for some people. So, after stripping the paint and removing most of the resultant gunge, the pieces looked pretty much like this:
I wanted to make the model look archaic, so added large bolts (in this case, small rhinestones), and used aluminium tubing to replace the missing exhaust pipes:
Then repaired this big gaping gap:
Using a spare piece (I think from a Landraider kit, but I can’t remember for sure – it’s been in my bitz box for a few years) – removed with a razor saw:
Then attached like so:
I used some textured plasticard to replace the missing floor panel (the white part):
Plastic glue pretty much needs to be left overnight to cure fully – which is why the tank was held in place with an elastic band.
After this, I used a different type of textured plasticard to add tread-panels (not the right term, but the beige part that looks like an ice-cream wafer):
Then used plastic putty to fill seams and other small gaps:
Afterwards, I began to work on the top part of the vehicle. Again, plasticard was used to replace the missing panel – and a new turret-hatch added:
I thought the roof would look better with scratch-marks, so used epoxy putty:
The greenstuff rivets didn’t look right, so I replaced these with rhinestones, and then added tail-lights by cutting some of the auxiliary cylindrical parts from old plastic sprues:
The photos are a bit out of synch, but the ram-bar was a slightly modified piece from the chaos vehicle upgrade kit:
That was pretty much it, really, other than using a piece of brass rod for an antenna, the khorne icon, a modified bit from…something (part of a chaos vehicle upgrade bit, is my guess) and two plastic skulls as a decoration:
It then just needed to be undercoated:
So, hopefully this might be of use to anybody who’s new to repairing kits.