It’s taken so long since the last update as I had a lengthy bout of painter’s-block. None of my original ideas for the freehand design on the cloak really worked-out, due to the heavy folds.
I had tried to make an arabesque pattern, which I didn’t really like:
Then went through the initial stages of various other designs; which didn’t look very effective, either:
So I decided to change approach slightly – instead of using an Arabian design, I used a Khemrian one instead; based on the Tomb Kings imagery:
I think it’s a shame that the Tomb Kings were discontinued by Games Workshop; so this serves a duel purpose, as a homage to the Khemrian monarchs. It also prompted me to change the name of the diorama to Make Khemri Great Again.
Step-by-step (give or take):
It’s not quite finished, but the rider shouldn’t take too long now. The display base needs some slight revisions; but hopefully the next update won’t take two months.