Updates have proven a bit erratic lately, as I’ve been caught-up in non-painting-related things.
However, the last post covered basecoating. This one is about shading and highlighting.
- Paint several overall washes of Agrellan earth.
- Wash the flesh areas/face with Reikland Fleshshade.
- Wash the cloud of smoke, intestines, and the recesses of the face with Druchii violet.
- Horns on head: edge highlight with Khaki
- Leather areas: edge highlight with earth
- Head dress: edge highlight with orange brown
- Jewel (at the base of the staff): snot green + scorpion green, then scorpion green
- Face: Pallid Wych flesh
- Eyes: dot with Trollslayer orange, then Tau light ochre
- Boils: dot with Elysian green
I’ve also finished the Bloat Drone:
The painting method was the same as with the Plague Marines; but as it’s a centrepiece model, I decided to add some slime.
To create the slime effect, use the following paints:
Plus nylon thread (i.e. an annoying clothes tag):
Attach pieces of the nylon thread, with epoxy glue; and build up the slime effect:
Paint the slime with Elysian green:
Paint with several layers of Tamiya green + yellow:
Just one model left to paint, now.