This isn’t intended to be a display-base, as such – because it needs to compliment the bases on the other Death Guard models, painted last year.
With Typhus being a centerpiece model, though, it will benefit from being a bit more detailed.
So a step-by-step guide.
Cork tile, arranged in the vague shape of a Nurgle symbol – attached with PVA glue:
Cover the cork with wood putty, and the rest of the base with sand:
Scatter sand lightly over this, to blend it with the rest of the base:
Seal the base with a wash of PVA (5 parts water to 1 part glue):
Add details – I find it helpful to dot superglue on, then add PVA before attaching plastic bits:
I added more maggots – using pieces of old plastic skaven tails:
Create viscera, by placing PVA in places:
Use a cocktail stick, and dab it in superglue – then drag the PVA around to make trails of gunk:
I think I went a bit over the top here, but nevermind:
Use greenstuff to create any additional details – in this case, intestines:
I then used UHU stretchy glue/epoxy glue to make finer pieces of slime (see a previous post for more on this method):
I’m going to put a nurgling on the base, but haven’t attached it yet:
I will go through painting this base in the next post.